Soy Lecithin manufacturers in China
Soy Lecithin (phospholipid) is a yellow or brownish-yellow, viscous liquid. It is a by-product of soybean oil processing. It is obtained from soybean oil feet after filtration, hydration, centrifugal separation, decolorization, and drying.
At present, the global lecithin industry is mainly led by South America and China. According to QYR estimates, the global lecithin production exceeds 600,000 tons, and both South America and China produce more than 200,000 tons of lecithin. South America mainly produces crude lecithin and exports large quantities to Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
China is currently the third-largest soybean producer in the world. But the development of phospholipid products is relatively late. At present, the major production of phospholipids in China is mainly grain and oil processing enterprises. but most of them are feed-grade soy lecithin. However, relying on abundant raw material resources and modern extraction technology, the production of soy lecithin develop so quickly.
The major Soybean Oil/Meal Processers in China:
- China Grain Reserves Corporation
- JIU SAN Group
- Sanhe Huifu Group
- Hua Nong Group
- Orison Chemicals Limited (Deoiled soy Lecithin and Fluid)
Office: 905, Yihang Int’l Building No.5, Binhai New Area, Tianjin, China.
At present, there are more than 5 companies in China that produce “chemically modified soy lecithin” and “Deoiled soy lecithin”. This increases the applications of Soy Lecithin, mainly including feed, food, health care product application, and medical application.
At present, all companies have adopted organic solvent (acetone) extraction methods, and most of them have passed the HACCP food safety system. The main indicators are in line with the specifications of international mainstream products.
- According to the 2020 statistics, the quantity of Soy Lecithin produced in China is as follows:
- Crude phospholipid (liquid): 150,000MT/year
- Deoiled phospholipid powder/granule (genetically modified): 10, 000MT/year
- De-oiled phospholipid powder/granule (non-GMO): 8, 000MT/Year
- Modified phospholipids: 15, 000MT/Year
- `Other phospholipids:3000MT/Year.